As the HR profession evolves within an increasingly complex business landscape, earning certifications has become more important than ever.
Consider getting certified to:
- Stay current within your profession.
- Demonstrate commitment to your profession and mastery of core HR principles.
- Set yourself apart in the job market.
Why get an SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification?
SHRM’s two new certifications, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) for early-career practitioners and the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) for senior-level practitioners, allow you to demonstrate what you know and how you apply that knowledge. Built on one singular SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™), these competency-based certifications ensure HR professionals possess the relevant HR knowledge required for today’s workplace and have the ability to put the knowledge to work through critical thinking and application. You will be recognized as a technical expert and have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
- The SHRM-CP exam is for HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as point of contact for staff and stakeholders, deliver HR services and perform operational HR functions.
- The SHRM-SCP exam is for HR professionals who develop strategies, lead the HR function, foster influence in the community, analyze performance metrics and align HR strategies to organizational goals.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP are valid for three years. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential holders must earn 60 professional development credits (PDCs) within a three-year recertification period that ends on the last day of the credential holder’s birth month OR retake the certification exam at the end of the three-year recertification period.