The Accredited Certifiers Association, Inc., was formed in 2004 – an outgrowth of the Organic Trade Association’s Organic Certifiers Council. We seek to build upon the work of the Organic Certifiers Council and the informal networks of certifiers that have developed across the country.
As the organic industry has grown, organic certifiers have played a critical role in ensuring the integrity of organic products in the marketplace as well as seeking to implement the National Organic Program in a way that meets the practical needs of organic producers.
The purpose of the ACA is to provide a forum for accredited certifiers to:
- Develop uniform criteria for certifying operations under the NOP
- Provide training opportunities to accredited certifying agencies in order to improve the implementation of the National Organic Program
- Provide a forum for discussing issues impacting organic certification
- Develop strategies for reform of laws affecting organic certification
- To facilitate communication and sharing of information among organic certification agencies.
The ACA seeks to establish a constructive and positive relationship with all members of the organic community to address the challenges and opportunities facing the organic industry today.